Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Plans to give you hope and a future



For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Six months before my wedding, my mom and best friend passed away from heart failure. It was very sudden and I was in shock. I was only 22 years old and living with only her. I went from being safe and comfortable to taking care of my own household. I had to grow up fast. I wasn't making much money then, I had a part time job at Macy's and all the bills weren't going to be met. Thankfully God's timing (even though, i wish I never lost her) is perfect. I knew enough to trust in Him.

My wonder fiance (my husband now) and his parents helped all they could. They helped provide a wedding and a future for the two of us. We married and bills were being paid, for a while. Then two years into our marriage, my husband was laid off. We went through savings quickly and then debt started to rise. He couldn't find work. We lost everything and were forced to move in with his parents, who again stepped into help. A few months after we moved in with his parents, we learned we were expecting our first child. That week he lost his truck. It took time and he eventually found work. After more time, we were able to move out of his parents into an apartment. I learned from this experience to be humble and to trust in God.

We all stress over the downs of our lives, but the ups are just around the corner. God knows where you are headed, you just have to trust in Him. 



Today I pray for my future and the future for my children. I pray we all learn during our low times and remember it's all in Your hands. For us to keep our eyes up, looking for the ups that are around the corner.




No comments:

Post a Comment