Thursday, August 23, 2012

I CAN DO IT!

Well it's my 3rd day being a "vegetarian." The last 2 days were interesting. I made a pasta pizza salad which was pretty yummy. And last night I made a barley sweet potato dinner and that wasn't so yummy. With every recipe you learn whats good and what's not, what your family enjoys and what they don't. And this wasn't the best recipe. Tonight we will have something a bit normal. Spaghetti. Of course I'm making it meatless. I just have to see what other things I should add or just make it like I normally do w/o the meat. 
I feel about the same as I did before, except I am really conscious of what I eat. I haven't had a soda yet and I've drank 2 cups of tea and mostly water since I started this.I do have to say though Campbells 100% natural soups are good, especially the butter nut squash, I could eat that for days and be happy. I must stock up on the soup.
My daughter seems to be okay with it, although some of the veggies she hasn't been eating. I've been trying to cut them up really small so she gets some of them. My husband is doing good. I think he really doesn't care for the food to much, but I think he's putting up with it b/c I am giving it 100%. I know our family will eventually benefit from this, it's just these beginning moments that are hard. I'm trying to provide us with alot of snack options, but also trying to not go over our budget.
I do find the bill to be cheaper when I just buy veggies and not any meats.
Last night Darrell asked me if I am not eating eggs or dairy and I told him I am still eating both. And I'm trying to do 1 step at a time. I don't know if I'll ever drop either of those or one day maybe I will. Although I think it's hard to enjoy breads or cakes w/o either. And I love Cheese (but I also said I could never go vegertarian b/c I liked the flavor of meats. But here I am not eating meat.)
I'm just focusing on not eating meats and leaving the rest there. Although I will still eat fish, just b/c I have read you need every once in a while b12 and your body will store it, if you are deficient on b12, then you can have serious health concerns. And I actually don't mind eating fish, b/c it's so healthy. But again 1 day at a time (or I should say 1 week at a time, since I buy weekly groceries and plan my meals as such.)

No comments:

Post a Comment